Join the Maryland Department of Commerce, the College of Southern Maryland (CSM), and St. Mary’s County Department of Economic Development for an afternoon of creativity and innovation building. Learn how to succeed in the marketplace by licensing patented DoD technologies and developing innovative commercial products!
At this event, you’ll:
• Learn about patented innovations developed at regional DoD Labs and
• Engage with inventors and invited experts in an exercise designed to explore the commercialization potential of these inventions.
You will leave with:
• A better understanding of how you and your company might benefit from commercializing DoD technology,
• Insights into the latest techniques used by tech entrepreneurs to develop their businesses, and
• Valuable contacts with experienced technology entrepreneurs and subject matter experts from throughout the region.
• Inventors – Scientists and engineers from NSWC-Indian Head and NAWCAD-Pax River who will present and discuss their patented inventions.
• Panelists – A group of creative-minded, out-of-the-box thinkers of diverse backgrounds including experienced tech transfer entrepreneurs, intellectual property attorneys, tech startup investors and subject matter experts who will propose and discuss potential commercial applications with the inventors and each other.
• Invited attendees, like yourself – Business and technology professionals from throughout the region who will hear from the inventors and panelists, and work together to envision their own technology-based startups!
In case you can’t join us on February 21, you can also participate in events at the CSM La Plata campus on Wednesday, March 27 and at the CSM Prince Frederick campus on Wednesday, April 17.