It is the policy of Southern Maryland Chronicle that its employees and board members uphold the highest standards of ethical, professional behavior. To that end, these employees and board members shall dedicate themselves to carrying out the mission of this organization and shall:
- Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public in the performance of professional duties.
- Act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance personal and professional honor, integrity and the dignity of the profession.
- Treat with respect and consideration all persons, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, maternity, marital or family status, disability, age or national origin.
- Engage in carrying out Southern Maryland Chronicle’s mission in a professional manner.
- Collaborate with and support other professionals in carrying out Southern Maryland Chronicle’s mission.
- Build professional reputations on the merit of services and refrain from competing unfairly with others.
- Recognize that the chief function of Southern Maryland Chronicle is to serve the best interests of its constituency.
- Accept as a personal duty the responsibility to keep up to date on emerging issues and to conduct themselves with professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Respect the structure and responsibilities of the board of directors, provide them with facts and advice as a basis for their making policy decisions, and uphold and implement policies adopted by the board of directors.
- Keep the community informed about issues affecting it.
- Conduct organizational and operational duties with positive leadership exemplified by open communication, creativity, dedication, and compassion.
- Exercise whatever discretionary authority they have under the law to carry out the mission of the organization.
- Serve with respect, concern, courtesy, and responsiveness in carrying out the organization’s mission.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all activities to inspire confidence and trust in such activities.
- Avoid any interest or activity that conflicts with the conduct of their official duties.
- Respect and protect privileged information to which they have access during their official duties.
- Strive for personal and professional excellence and encourage the professional developments of others.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II