News Release, Calvert County Public Information Office
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – March 19, 2020 – Calvert County Department of Planning & Zoning announces inspections of occupied residential dwellings will be suspended until further notice.
Calvert County Government is taking precautionary measures to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and limit the number of people infected, particularly older adults and those with chronic health conditions. At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Calvert County.
County offices remain open. In order to protect the health of staff and customers, citizens are encouraged to conduct as much business as possible by phone, email or web.
These changes are in addition to those previously announced:
- Service reductions will be implemented. North Route will run 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; South Route will run 7:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.; Prince Frederick Shuttle I will run 6:35 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Charlotte Hall Route, Dunkirk Route, Lusby Shuttle Route, Mid-County Route, and Prince Frederick Shuttle II are temporarily suspended.
- Paratransit routes are still in operation for medical and nutritional trips only.
Department of Planning & Zoning
- Fastrack service on permits for residential accessory structures regularly offered weekly on Wednesdays is suspended until further notice.
Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter
- The animal shelter is closed to the public and volunteers.
- Owner reclaims and rescue transport will be conducted by appointment only.
- The volunteer program is temporarily suspended.
- Drop-off donations will not be accepted. Monetary donations can be mailed to the shelter at 5055 Hallowing Point Road, Prince Frederick MD 20678.
- Adoption inquiries can be made by phone at 410-535-7387 or emailing [email protected].
Department of Public Works
- Bulk pickup, mattress pickup, HELP Association pickup and Carol Porto Treatment Facility pickup are suspended until further notice.
- The paper shred event scheduled for March 21 is canceled.
- All scheduled facility tours and events are canceled.
Calvert Marine Museum
- Calvert Marine Museum will close to the public until further notice.
- All museum programming and special events will be postponed or canceled. Information regarding rescheduling will be made available at a later date.
- The Planning Commission meeting scheduled for March 18 is canceled.
Department of Parks & Recreation
- All community centers are closed.
- Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center is closed.
- County parks will remain open for passive activities until further notice.
- Organized sporting events at county-owned parks are canceled.
- Indoor and outdoor recreational programs and activities at county parks and facilities are canceled until further notice. This includes sports, special events, aquatics, community center programs and rentals.
- All large special events and gatherings, including private events, are canceled.
- All Parks & Recreation programs at school facilities are canceled.
- All Parks & Recreation events scheduled through April 30 are canceled.
- Breezy Point Blast-Off scheduled for May 16 is postponed until September.
- A flexible refund and cancellation policy has been enacted for Parks & Recreation programs and services.
Office on Aging
- All senior centers are closed.
- Meals on Wheels deliveries will continue. Congregate meal participants may request meal delivery through the Office on Aging at 410-535-4606 or [email protected].
- All branches are closed to the public but limited services will continue.
Buildings and Grounds
- Water fountains at all county-operated facilities, including dog parks, have been taken out of service.
The county continues to share the latest updates surrounding Calvert County’s response to COVID-19 through a virtual resource center on its website, including any precautionary measures, guidance, and closures at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Coronavirus.