Prince Frederick, MD- On Tuesday, October 29, 2019around 4:30 p.m. the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office responded to Dares Beach Road. At the scene, they found Leah Christine Clark, 34, of Prince Frederick; deceased as a result of being struck by a 2015 Ford Truck.
Former Calvert County Deputy Joseph Francis Migliaccio, 33, of Prince Frederick(recently resigned), was charged with driving the vehicle that struck Ms. Clark.
On February 19, 2020, Mr. Magliaccio’s case went before the grand jury and he was indicted on charges of:
- Negligent Manslaughter by Automobile
- Manslaughter by vehicle or vessel — Criminal negligence
- (2)Negligent Homicide by motor vehicle or vessel while under the influence of alcohol
- Homicide by motor vehicle or vessel while impaired by alcohol.
- Driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol
- (2)Driving/Attempting to drive a vehcile under the influence of Alcohol
- Negligent Driving
- Driving vehcile on the highway at speed exceeding the limit
An arrest warrant was served on 2/19/2020, along with motions for a speedy trial and Defense Attorney appearance.
The State will be represented by Calvert County’s States Attorney’s Office and Maryland State Attorney’s Office, Steven Ira Kroll. No lawyer information was listed for Mr. Migliaccio.
No upcoming court dates are scheduled at this time.
You can read the original story here: Female pedestrian struck, killed in Prince Frederick