St. Mary’s County States Attorney’s Office via Facebook
January 3, 2020
- Patricia Bates was convicted of neglect of a minor in D-043-CR-19-001176. ASA Joseph Boyd prosecuted.
January 7, 2020:
- Shailita Holt was convicted of malicious destruction of property in D-043-CR-19-001624. ASA Gina Fioravanti prosecuted.
- Matthew Hatcher was sentenced for assault in the second degree in D-043-CR-19-1102. ASA Laura Caspar prosecuted.
- Charles Summers was convicted of possession of contraband in the detention center in D-043-CR-001634 and possession of a controlled dangerous substance in D-043-CR-19-001475. ASA Laura Caspar prosecuted.
- Michael McQueen entered a guilty plea to driving while impaired by alcohol in 4WP0G15. ASA Laura Caspar prosecuted.
January 8, 2020:
- Adam Pruitt was convicted of driving while impaired by alcohol and driving while suspended in 06R0TFV and 06V0TFV. ASA Joseph Boyd prosecuted.
January 9, 2020:
- Jason Allen Skotnicki entered a guilty plea to violating a protective order in D-043-CR-19-001042. ASA Gina M. Fioravanti for the prosecution.
- David Carroll Gass entered a guilty plea to violating a protective order and possessing controlled dangerous substance paraphernalia in D-043-CR-19-001847 and D-043-CR-19-001788, respectively. ASA Gina M. Fioravanti for the prosecution.
- Phillip Desales Miles entered a guilty plea to violating of a protective order in D-043-CR-19-001726. ASA Gina M. Fioravanti for the prosecution.
- Sergio Rashaad Rice entered a guilty plea to failing to obey a lawful order and disorderly conduct in D-043-CR-19-001612. ASA Buffy Giddens for the prosecution.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II