Article by Jim Macaulay
Winners from all of the monthly competitions during 2019 were viewed by an outside judge who chose the “best of the best” for the year, in various categories.
The Club was formed in 1998 to “…promote photography as a hobby, providing a forum for exchanging knowledge of the subject and inspiring amateur photographers toward improving their art.” Successful from the start, the Club has attracted novices, experts and professionals to learn about photography from each other. We are very proud to say that some of our novices have advanced rapidly and have become professionals themselves.
We’re always looking for new members to share in the fun and learning. Guests are always welcome to attend meetings for free. Modest dues are required to compete or vote. See www.smccc.org to learn more about the Club.
Winners for 2019:
- 1st – Samuel Lane “Eagle Head”
- 2nd – Eric Wilcox “Kite Surfing”
- 1st – Wayne K Thomas ” Liam”
- 2nd – Katherine Norris “Beartown Adventure”
- 3rd – Joanna Macaulay “Barn At Night B”
- Honorable Mention – John Walker “Dawn Walk in Fog”
- 1st – Joanna Macaulay “Ballet Shoes at River Concert Series”
- 2nd – Joanna Macaulay “Pages”
- 3rd – Joanna Macaulay “Glassblowing Plane”
- 1st John Walker “Too Many”, Theme Numbers
- 2nd Katherine Norris “Bucket of Fruit” Theme Food
- 3rd Jim Macaulay “Sea Shell” Theme It’s a Small World
- Honorable Mention – Katherine Norris “Measuring Spoons” Theme Numbers
- 1st – Joanna Macaulay “Parrot Eye” Theme It’s a Small World
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II