WASHINGTON, D.C. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s swimming team (1-6) traveled to Catholic University to take on the Cardinals (4-1) on Saturday (Dec. 7) afternoon. The Seahawks fell to the Cardinals 161-99.
St. Mary’s College – 99, Catholic – 161
How It Happened
- The Seahawks started the meet strong with a first-place finish in the 200 Yard Medley Relay. The team of Carolyn Sutton, Bailey Edgren, Christina Trnkus, and Brenna Litynski swam a time of 1:59.07 for the victory.
- Litynski won the 50 Yard Freestyle with a time of 25.81. Litynski followed that performance by capturing first-place in the 100 Yard Freestyle with a time of 56.74.
- Edgren recorded a first-place finish in the 200 Yard Breaststroke with a time of 2:40.03.
- In event 23, the Seahawks tallied a first-place finish when Sutton swam a time of 1:04.48 in the 100 Yard Butterfly.
- Other notable Seahawk finishes included: Paige Adelsberger (3rd – 1,000 Yard Freestyle, 2nd – 500 Yard Freestyle), Rileigh Krell (2nd – 100 Yard Backstroke, 3rd – 200 Yard Backstroke), Edgren (2nd – 100 Yard Breaststroke, 2nd – 200 Yard IM), and Becca Sonnenberg (2nd – 200 Yard Butterfly).
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Jan. 4 at Washington & Lee | 1:00 p.m.
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Twitter: @smcseahawks | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II