WASHINGTON, D.C. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s swimming team (1-6) traveled to Catholic University to take on the Cardinals (4-1) on Saturday (Dec. 7) afternoon. The Seahawks fell to the Cardinals 168-89.
St. Mary’s College – 89, Catholic – 168
How It Happened
- Sebastian Ludwig captured the first victory for the Seahawks when he swam a time of 10:52.42 in the 1,000 Yard Freestyle.
- Peter Orban won the 100 Yard Backstroke with a time of 54.32. Next, Ryan Akhavan recorded a first-place finish in the 200 Yard Butterfly with a time of 2:02.97.
- Orban earned another first-place finish when he won the 200 Yard Backstroke with a time of 1:59.78.
- Other notable Seahawk finishes included: Nate Donoghue (3rd – 200 Yard Freestyle, 2nd – 100 Yard Freestyle, 3rd – 100 Yard Butterfly), Andrew March (3rd – 1:07.35, 2nd – 200 Yard Breaststroke, 3rd – 200 Yard IM), Anri Cifuentes Robinson (3rd – 50 Yard Freestyle), Jack Kennedy (3rd – 100 Yard Freestyle), Jacob Rosenzweig-Stein (3rd – 200 Yard Breaststroke), Ludwig (2nd – 500 Yard Freestyle), and Akhavan (2nd – 100 Yard Butterfly).
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Jan. 4 at Washington & Lee | 1:00 p.m.
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Twitter: @smcseahawks | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II