Woodstove blamed in Waldorf fire, family displaced

By: David M. Higgins II

Waldorf, MD- On December 5, 2019, units from Charles County Fire Departments arrived at a home on Bannister Court for a reported chimney fire.

Units quickly worked to extinguish the fire and determined the area of origin was a wood-burning stove in the family room. The Office of the State Fire Marshal was notified and the American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

The investigation is continuing and we will update more when a report is issued by the Office of the State Fire Marshal. Images are courtesy of Charles County Volunteer Fire and Emergency Medical Services


David M. Higgins II

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in Digital Marketing, eventually leading him back to his passion. David started The Southern Maryland Chronicle in December 2017 and has grown it to become the #1 news source in Southern Maryland.

David M. Higgins II has 11188 posts and counting. See all posts by David M. Higgins II