ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland sailing member Leo Boucher has been named the November Student-Athlete of the Month, the SMCM athletic department announced today (Dec. 4).
The Department of Athletics & Recreation executive team selects the Student-Athlete of the Month awardee each month.
Boucherrepresented St. Mary’s College of Maryland at the LaserPerformance Men’s Singlehanded Nationals hosted by UC Santa Barbara on Nov. 9-10. The sophomore from West River, Maryland returned to campus as a National Champion by taking first place in the regatta.
Bouchersat in third place of the 18 sailors after the first day which consisted of ten races. On Sunday (Nov. 10) the fleet completed four races which solidifiedBoucher’stitle. Placing in the top five in nine of the races helpedBoucher’sscore a great deal. He finished the regatta with 65 points, just three points in front of the second-place winner,Richard McCannfrom the University of Miami.
The Seahawk sailing team will be back in action on Jan. 4 when they compete at the Rose Bowl hosted by the University of Southern California.
November Student-Athlete of the Month Honor Roll
- Women’s Basketball –Gina Seifert
- Men’s Basketball –Justin Milstead
- Women’s Swimming –Brenna Litynski
- Men’s Swimming –Peter Orban
- Volleyball –Ellyse Sutliff
- Women’s Cross Country –Marie Lewis
- Men’s Cross Country –Tyler Wilson
- Field Hockey –Celina Kaufman
- Women’s Soccer –Maddie Schwarz
- Men’s Soccer –Jacob Breslauer
- Women’s Rowing –Olivia Fuster
- Men’s Rowing –Sam Leaman
2019-20 Student-Athletes of the Month
- September –Khalid Balogun, Men’s Soccer
- October –Josh McRobie, Men’s Soccer
- November –Leo Boucher, Sailing