News Release, St. Mary’s County Public Schools
LEONARDTOWN, MD – Beginning Monday, December 2 at 10 a.m. the Chesapeake Public Charter School (CPCS) online lottery application will OPEN.
• All interested families must fill out applications online at cpcsapplication.com during the open enrollment period. (This includes all families/siblings who were wait-listed in the 19/20 school year). For the 2020-2021 school year, the online application process opens at 10 a.m. on December 2, 2019, and closes at 12 p.m. midnight on December 31, 2019.
There will be two informational sessions this year to be held on the following dates:
• Tuesday, December 3rd @ 5 p.m. – CPCS Gym
• Thursday, December 5th @ 6 p.m. – CPCS Gym
• Families need to enter a valid email address and create a password to create a free account. The application also features a mobile-friendly platform. This account will need to be monitored for information regarding submission status, acceptance/wait-list notifications.
• All applications must be completed online. The order in which the application is submitted does not impact the selection process. It does not matter whether a family submits an application on the first day or the last day since the lottery is a random, computer-based drawing. On-site computers will be provided at the school between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. M-F, if needed for the application process, beginning on December 3, 2019. The application is available in multiple languages.
• The lottery will be run at the end of January 2020.
• Kindergarten families will be notified by email upon completion of the lottery of their acceptance or wait-list status. All other families of students in grades 1-8 will receive an email of their wait-list status and will be offered seats as they become open through the summer months.
For more information, please contact the school’s main office at 301-863-9585, extension 0.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II