News Release, Maryland Department of Agriculture
Opportunity for Maryland Farmers, Seafood Producers, and Food Processors to Connect with Buyers from Retailers, Restaurants, Schools, and More
ANNAPOLIS, MD– The Maryland Department of Agriculture will host the Maryland’s Best Food & Beverage Expo Wednesday, January 22, 2020. The Maryland’s Best Expo provides an opportunity for Maryland farmers, seafood producers, and processors to connect with buyers from grocery retailers, restaurants, schools, food distributors, and other venues.
“From fresh crabs and oysters harvested by local watermen to Maryland-made artisan cheeses, our state is home to a very diverse, high-quality food and beverage market,” said Maryland Agriculture Secretary Joe Bartenfelder. “The Maryland’s Best Expo is the premier event in the state where buyers from an array of industries can find all of the locally-produced products that Maryland consumers prefer.”
In 2019, the event had more than 400 registrants, including produce farmers, artisan cheese and ice cream producers, beef and bison farmers, grocery store representatives, chefs, school nutrition directors, distributors, economic development officials, Maryland Cooperative Extension, and regional agricultural marketing officials.
This year the event will be held in the “N” Room at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis—the same location as last year. Maryland growers, watermen, and processors will be charged an exhibitor’s fee of $25 to help offset the cost of the event.There is no fee for buyers to attend.
You should attend this event if you are:
- A Maryland grower, watermen, seafood company or processor interested in finding new markets for your products;
- A buyer from a grocery store, restaurant, hospital, school, or other venue looking to purchase Maryland grown or produced products; OR
- A service provider in agriculture or local food(such as a county extension agent, food writer, etc.).
The types of local products that buyers will typically find at this meeting are:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meats(such as beef, turkey, and bison)
- Cheeses(cow, sheep, and goat milk)
- Seafood(such as crabmeat and oysters)
- Specialty products(including locally-made ice cream, soups, flour, wine, beer, and more)
For more information on the event — including registration — visittheexpo pageon the Maryland’s Best website. Be sure to register as either an exhibitor, buyer, or other organization. The registration deadline to be included in the 2019 Directory isDecember 16.
For questions or for help registering, contact Karen Fedor at (410) 841-5773 or [email protected].