ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College women’s soccer team (3-14, 1-8 CAC) hosted the University of Mary Washington (7-10, 4-5 CAC) this evening for their second matchup of the 2019 season. The Eagles ended the night with a win with a final score of 2-0.
St. Mary’s College – 0, Mary Washington – 2
How it Happened
- The Seahawks held the Eagles to a 0-0 game until the 20th minute of the match. Mary Washington midfielder, Katherine Brady’s shot was just high of Audra Haines‘ reach. St. Mary’s College defense held Mary Washington until the 61st minute when the Eagles scored the final goal of the game.
- Seahawk defender, Casey Mayo played a crucial role in keeping the ball on the offensive end for St. Mary’s College. Emma Schroeder fired off two shots this evening continuing her reputation of being one of St. Mary’s College’s most dangerous attacking threats.
- Schroeder maintained a 100% shots on goal percentage. St. Mary’s College midfielder, Ashley Yurich tallied one-shot this evening bringing her shot total to nine. Audra Haines faced eight total shots this evening and recorded six saves.
Inside the Box Score
- Mary Washington had the advantage on corner kicks and shots this evening, with eleven corner kicks and 17 shots.
- Schroeder now holds the top spot for shots this season with 14 total. Haines moves to 90 total saves this season, a save percentage of 68%, and a goals-against-average of 2.5.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 29 at Southern Virginia | 5:00 P.M. | Knight Stadium
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmwsoccer
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_WSOCCER | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II