FREDERICK, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s cross country team continued its season at the Hood College Invitational hosted by Hood College Saturday morning (Oct.19).
- Place – 7th of 13/208 points
- Location – Utica Park – Frederick, Md.
St. Mary’s Top 5 Finishers
- Marie Lewis was the first Seahawk to cross the finish line as she ran a 26:17.0 and finished 45th overall.
- Isobel Hermans returned from injury and was the second Seahawk to cross the finish line. Overall, Hermans finished 50th by running a 26:39.8.
- Grace Dillingham ran a 26:43.5 for 53rd overall and was the third runner from St. Mary’s College to finish.
- Amy Forsbacka finished in 64th place by running 27:43.1.
- Dana Barbakoff rounded out the top five for the Seahawks in 78th place with a time of 29:07.1.
Other Race Highlights
- Meggan Grams won the overall meet with a time of 21:43.8.
- Eastern University won the overall meet with a team score of 28.
Up Next For the Seahawks
- Nov. 2 at CAC Championships – York College of Pennsylvania | 11:00 A.M.| York, Pa.
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II