YORK, Pa. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland volleyball team (5-17,0-6) continued their season against the York College of Pennsylvania Spartans (14-11, 3-3) in a Capital Athletic Conference matchup Wednesday night (Oct. 16). The Seahawks dropped the match 3-0.
St. Mary’s College – 0, York College – 3
How It Happened
- St. Mary’s College came out to a slow start and dropped the first set to the Spartans with a score of 25-9.
- The second set started out by the Seahawks trailing York College with a score of 7-5 until the two traded points to bring the score to 11-9 in favor of the Spartans. York stretched that lead to 18-13 before the Seahawks used a six point run take the 19-18 lead. The two then traded points until they found themselves at an even 22-22 but from there, the Spartans won the next three points for a 25-22 second set win.
- York raced out to a 9-3 lead early in the third set but the Seahawks closed that gap to 11-8. However, the Spartans won ten of the next 12 points to take a 21-10 lead and eventually won the set and match 25-13.
Inside the Box Score
- Ellyse Sutliff and Kyra Feinaeur led the Seahawks in kills as they each recorded five.
- Katie Agate led in assists with 11 while Fatima Bouzid was right behind her in second with six.
- Senior Emily Benedict led in digs with eight and Bouzid registered five digs for second.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 19 at Salisbury University | 2:00 P.M. | Maggs Physical Activity Center
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMVB
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmvb | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks