YORK, Pa. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland volleyball team (5-17,0-6) continued their season against the York College of Pennsylvania Spartans (14-11, 3-3) in a Capital Athletic Conference matchup Wednesday night (Oct. 16). The Seahawks dropped the match 3-0.
St. Mary’s College – 0, York College – 3
How It Happened
- St. Mary’s College came out to a slow start and dropped the first set to the Spartans with a score of 25-9.
- The second set started out by the Seahawks trailing York College with a score of 7-5 until the two traded points to bring the score to 11-9 in favor of the Spartans. York stretched that lead to 18-13 before the Seahawks used a six point run take the 19-18 lead. The two then traded points until they found themselves at an even 22-22 but from there, the Spartans won the next three points for a 25-22 second set win.
- York raced out to a 9-3 lead early in the third set but the Seahawks closed that gap to 11-8. However, the Spartans won ten of the next 12 points to take a 21-10 lead and eventually won the set and match 25-13.
Inside the Box Score
- Ellyse Sutliff and Kyra Feinaeur led the Seahawks in kills as they each recorded five.
- Katie Agate led in assists with 11 while Fatima Bouzid was right behind her in second with six.
- Senior Emily Benedict led in digs with eight and Bouzid registered five digs for second.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 19 at Salisbury University | 2:00 P.M. | Maggs Physical Activity Center
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMVB
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmvb | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II