ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s soccer defeated the visiting Salisbury University Sea Gulls 2-1 on Saturday (Oct. 5) afternoon on Hawtoberfest. The Seahawks picked up their second CAC victory of the season.
St. Mary’s College – 2, Salisbury – 1
How It Happened
- Josh McRobie put the Seahawks out to an early lead with two early goals. McRobie buried shots into the back of the net in the 12th and 24th minutes of the first half. The Seahawks took a 2-0 lead into halftime.
- The Sea Gulls cut the Seahawk lead in half with a score in the 51st minute. However, the Seahawks played strong defense the rest of the way to hang on for the victory.
Inside the Box Score
- McRobie led the Seahawks with two goals on the evening and is now second on the team in goals with seven.
- As a team, the Seahawks edged the Sea Gulls in shots, 7-3, but were out-gained in corner kicks, 7-3.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 9 at Christopher Newport | 7:00 PM | CNU Soccer Stadium
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmmsoccer
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_MSOCCER | Hashtags:#SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II