ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland field hockey improved to 10-0 with a dominant 5-0 victory over the Neumann University Knights on Saturday (Oct. 5) afternoon.
St. Mary’s College – 5, Neumann – 0
How It Happened
- The Seahawks started their dominant performance with a goal from Kelly Emge in the 14th minute. Leading by one score, the Seahawks extended their lead to three with goals from Emge and Rachel Lansbury in the second and third quarters.
- St. Mary’s College capped off their victory on Hawktoberfest with goals from Celina Kaufman and Emily Pulkowski.
Inside the Box Score
- Emge led the Seahawks with two goals on the afternoon and now has eight points on the year. Lansbury and Pulkowski tallied their first goals of the season. Kaufman tallied her seventh goal of the season, which leads the Seahawks.
- As at team, St. Mary’s College held the advantage in shots 23-0 and penalty corners 6-2.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 9 at Stevenson | 4:00 PM | Mustang Stadium
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmfh
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMFH | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks