FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team (3-0, 0-0 CAC) continued its Fall season Saturday afternoon (Oct. 5) as they competed at the ITA regionals hosted by the University of Mary Washington.
- Stephen Alam and Jon Gorel dropped their championship doubles consolation match with a score of 8-3.
- Franklin and Marshall’s Adrian Charchalis and Isaac Rockower beat Jack Brandenburg and Ethan Garren 8-1.
- Liam Pratt and Ron Stith lost to Stevenson’s Lukas Sanidas and Paulo Gonzal 8-6.
- Gorel dropped his singles match to Stevens Institute of Technology’s Keegan Morris 6-3, 6-3 in a consolation match in the championship bracket.
- In the b3 singles bracket Garren took down Lynchburg’s Colton Mullins with a score of 6-4, 6-3.
- Bridgewater’s Matthew Gordon defeated Brandenburg 4-6, 7-5 (10-4). However, Brandenburg would bounce back by taking down Randolph College’s Alexander Kulvivat 6-4, 6-3.
Up Next for the Seahaws
- Oct 6 @ ITA Regional Tournament | TBA. | Battleground Tennis Center
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmtennis
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMtennis| Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II