FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland volleyball team (4-11,0-1) traveled to Fredericksburg, Virginia to take on the Eagles of the University of Mary Washington (7-8, 1-0) for a CAC matchup Saturday afternoon (Sept. 28).
St. Mary’s College – 0, Mary Washington – 3
How It Happened
- The Eagles raced out to a commanding 14-2 lead and would not look back as they took the first set 25-8.
- The Seahawks stormed out to a 5-1 lead in the second, but would then surrender ten straight points to trail 11-5. St. Mary’s College found themselves down 20-9 and were unable to dig themselves out of the hole, eventually dropping the second set 25-6.
- St. Mary’s College found themselves down 7-3 in the third and went on to close that gap as they trailed Mary Washington 10-9. From there, the Eagles pulled away to take the deciding set 25-16
Inside the Box Score
- First-year Kyra Feinaeur led the Seahawks in kills with six and Chanel Lucas was right behind her with five.
- Fatima Bouzid had 16 assists on the day which led the Seahawks.
- Senior Emily Benedict led the Seahawks once again with 17 digs on the afternoon.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 2 vs. York (Pa.) | 7:00 P.M. | MPOBARC Arena
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMVB
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmvb | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II