FREDERICK, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s tennis team (1-2, 0-0 CAC) continued its Fall season Wednesday afternoon (Sept. 25) as they traveled to take on the Blazers of Hood College (1-1, 0-0 MAC).
St. Mary’s College – 6, Hood – 3
- Hallie Hershey and first-year Hannah Gorel were the first Seahawks on the board as they won their doubles match over Jennifer Slick and Abbey Bloom 8-2.
- First years Christine Folivi and Sydney Anderson followed up with a doubles win of their own as they took their match over Katie Cautero and Paige Langmead with a score of 8-3.
- Claire Bodine rebounded from a tough doubles loss to an exciting three-set win in the number spot as she defeated Hood’s Megan Carter 2-6,7-5,6-2.
- Gorel won her match in the number three spot with a score of 6-1,6-2.
- Folivi defeated Jennifer Slick 6-1,6-2 and right after Anderson won her singles match over Hood’s Katie Cautero 6-0,6-1.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Sept. 28 vs Trinity Washington University | 1:00 P.M. | Somerset Tennis Complex
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmtennis
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMtennis| Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II