STOCKTON, N.J. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s cross country team came off of a two-week break in meets to compete in the Osprey Open on the campus of Stockton University Saturday morning (Sept. 21).
· Place – 15th of 21 /427 points
· Location – Stockton University – Stockton, N.J.
St. Mary’s Top 5 Finishers:
- Sophomore Tyler Wilson continued to lead the Seahawks running a 27:56.55 which was good enough for 47th overall.
- The next Seahawk to finish was first-year Nathan Sayers as he crossed the finish line at 31:30.24 for 135th place.
- Pieter Enkema came in at 146th and Robert Hamilton was right behind in 147th. Enkema ran a 32:16.70 and Hamilton was just barely behind him at 32:17.34.
- Rounding out the top five for the Seahawks was sophomore Frank Zimmer as he ran a 33:07.60.
Other Race Highlights
- Stockton’s Daniel Do won was the first runner to cross the finish line with a time of 25:50.69.
- Ramapo College earned the overall team win with a final score of 22 points.
Up Next For the Seahawks
- Sept. 28 at the Shenandoah Hornet Harrier Invite | 9:00 A.M.| Winchester, Va.
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II