CENTER VALLEY, Pa. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s soccer team (6-0-1) cruised to a dominant 6-0 victory over the DeSales University Bulldogs (3-5) Saturday (Sept. 21) afternoon in non-conference action.
St. Mary’s College – 6, DeSales – 0
How It Happened
- The Seahawks scored early and often in a contest that was dominated by St. Mary’s College. Josh McRobie tallied the first Seahawk goal in the 14th minute off a well-placed through ball from Khalid Balogun. Just under a minute later, Balogun created his own scoring opportunity and buried a goal into the back of the net for 2-0 Seahawk lead.
- The Seahawks continued to tack onto their lead in the first half with two more scores. Roshawn Panton and Isaac Ekobo netted goal goals for the four-goal Seahawk advantage.
- St. Mary’s College continued to roll in the second half, recording two more goals to seal the 6-0 victory. Balogun and Panton netted their second goals of the contest in the second half of the action.
Inside the Box Score
- Balogun led the Seahawks with a total of five points off of two goals and one assist. Panton followed with four points off of two goals and McRobie accumulated three points, thanks to one goal and one assist. In goal, Patrick Paolini collected three saves and Cristian Reyes gathered two.
- As a team, the Seahawks held the advantage on the stat sheet with 17 shots compared to the Bulldogs 11 and earned five corners compared to DeSales four.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Sept. 25 vs. No. 3 Johns Hopkins University | 7:00 p.m. | Jamie L. Roberts Stadium
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmmsoccer
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_MSOCCER | Hashtags:#SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks