ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland volleyball team (3-6,0-0) had their first home match of the year against the Notre Dame of Maryland Gators (6-1,0-0) Thursday night (Sept. 12).
How It Happened
- Notre Dame of Maryland and St. Mary’s College would start the first set tied 10-10 but from there, the Gators would go on a six-point run to bring it to 16-10. Notre Dame pulled away from that point and took the set 25-19.
- The second set also saw the two teams tied at 15-15 when Notre Dame of Maryland would once again go on a six-point streak to make it 21-15. The Gators would later win the set by a final score of 25-18.
- The third set once again saw the two knotted at 8-8 before Notre Dame of Maryland recorded nine straight points and would later take the third set with a score of 25-17.
Inside the Box Score
- Ellyse Sutliff and Kyra Feinaeur led the team in kills with seven apiece.
- Senior Emily Benedict was the top Seahawk for digs with eight.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Sept. 14 vs Washington College | 11:00 A.M. | Michael P. O’Brien Athletics and Recreation Center Arena
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMVB
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmvb | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II