HARRISONBURG, Va. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s cross country team continued their 2019 season with a second-place finish at the Eastern Mennonite University On the Farm XC Invitational.
· Place – 2nd of 4 /60 points
· Location – Eastern Mennonite University – Harrisonburg, Va.
St. Mary’s Top 5 Finishers:
- Sophomore Tyler Wilson earned his first top-five finish of the year as he ran a 17:34.9 which put him in fifth overall.
- First-year Pieter Enkema was the second Seahawk to cross the finish line as he came in with a time of 19:33.7 for 14th overall.
- Robbie Hamilton was right behind Enkema in 15th overall with a time of 19:39.7.
- Ten seconds later at 19:49.8 sophomore Ronald Wong would cross the finish line for 16th overall.
- Rounding out the top five for the Seahawks was sophomore Frank Zimmer as he ran a 22:54.6
Other Race Highlights
- Eastern Mennonite University’s Isaac Alderfer finished first overall with a time of 16:44.8 which was over twenty seconds faster than the second-place runner.
- Eastern Mennonite would go on to win the overall meet with a score of 16.
Up Next For the Seahawks
- Sept. 21st at Stockton University| 10:30 A.M.| Osprey Invitational
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II