Starting today through Oct. 4, 2019; Census 2020 takers will be going through various towns in Southern Maryland.
If you are visited by someone from the Census Bureau, here are some ways to verify the individual is a Census Bureau employee:
- The field representative will present an ID badge that includes:
- their name,
- their photograph,
- a Department of Commerce watermark, and
- an expiration date.
- A field representative will be carrying an official bag with the Census Bureau logo or a laptop for conducting the survey.
- The field representative will provide you with a letter from the Census Bureau on official letterhead stating why they are visiting your residence.
- Field representatives conduct their work between the hours of 9 am and 9 pm, local time.
- Upon request, the field representative will provide you with their supervisor’s contact information and/or the phone number for your Census Bureau Regional Office. The Regional Office supervises the activities of all field representatives in your area.
If you wish to independently confirm that the person at your door is a Census Bureau employee, you can contact :
Fernando E. Armstrong, Regional Director
Philadelphia Regional Office(click for more contact info)
100 South Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2320
(215) 717-1800 or 1-800-262-4236
FAX: (215) 717-0755
TDD: (215) 717-0894
- District of Columbia
- West Virginia
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II