Starting today through Oct. 4, 2019; Census 2020 takers will be going through various towns in Southern Maryland.
If you are visited by someone from the Census Bureau, here are some ways to verify the individual is a Census Bureau employee:
- The field representative will present an ID badge that includes:
- their name,
- their photograph,
- a Department of Commerce watermark, and
- an expiration date.
- A field representative will be carrying an official bag with the Census Bureau logo or a laptop for conducting the survey.
- The field representative will provide you with a letter from the Census Bureau on official letterhead stating why they are visiting your residence.
- Field representatives conduct their work between the hours of 9 am and 9 pm, local time.
- Upon request, the field representative will provide you with their supervisor’s contact information and/or the phone number for your Census Bureau Regional Office. The Regional Office supervises the activities of all field representatives in your area.
If you wish to independently confirm that the person at your door is a Census Bureau employee, you can contact :
Fernando E. Armstrong, Regional Director
Philadelphia Regional Office(click for more contact info)
100 South Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2320
(215) 717-1800 or 1-800-262-4236
FAX: (215) 717-0755
TDD: (215) 717-0894
E-mail: [email protected]
- District of Columbia
- West Virginia