News Release, AAA
WASHINGTON, D. C. (Thursday, August 8, 2019) – Area frequent flyers can obtain the coveted Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Pre-Check screening approval with ease at AAA this summer. The IdentoGo TSA Pre?® Mobile RV will make a stop in Brandywine, Maryland from August 12-16 at AAA’s Brandywine Car Care Center. Registration for is open and spaces are still available.
TSA Pre?® is an expedited screening program that enables identified low-risk air travelers to enjoy a smart and efficient screening experience. “A record 257.4 million passengers are expected to travel on U.S. airlines during the summer months alone, in the period between June 1 and August 31, 2019,” according to an industry trade organization. That’s an average of 2.8 million passengers per day. However, in July 2019, “93 percent of TSA Pre?® passengers waited less than five minutes” at security stations.
“It is the busiest summer travel season ever. Standard screening requires that you remove all items and place them on the X-ray belt for screening. In contrast, having the TSA Pre?® Mobile RV onsite at AAA will help make the process much easier for travelers to avoid long lines at the airport,” said Maria York, Retail District Director, AAA Mid-Atlantic. “For TSA Pre?® travelers, there is no need to remove shoes, 3-1-1 liquids, laptops, light outerwear or belts. Today, TSA Pre?® has more than 450 lanes at 200+ U.S. airports.”
On August 12, AAA Brandywine Car Care Insurance and Travel Center, located at 16301 Crain Highway, Brandywine, Maryland, 20613, will have a kick-off event with the following vendors available to speak with attendees:
- Napa will provide free hot dogs and drinks!
- Hertz: AAA Members save up to 20% with Hertz.
- Best Western: Save up to 15% and earn 10% bonus BW Rewards points when booking AAA rates.
- Super Shuttle: AAA Members save 10% off airport rides with Super Shuttle and ExecuCar when booking online at AAA.com/supershuttle or by phone.
- Hampton Inn: AAA Members save 10% and earn Honors points when booking AAA rates!
- Sprint Cellular: Get your AAA Classic Membership Renewal on Sprint! Plus, as a AAA member you get exclusive member only pricing, 25% off most accessories and FREE Safe & Found on up to 5 phones. Visit: Sprint.com/AAA
- AMA Waterways: Get closer to spectacular cityscapes, and cruise through canals and rivers with more time in port. River cruising with AMA Waterways 2019 – 2020 savings!
- Carnival Cruise Lines: With 26 “Fun Ships” operating voyages from three-24 days in length. Get up to a $200 shipboard credit per stateroom, combinable with fun select fares.
- AAA Member Choice Vacations: Save up to $200 on Holiday getaways.
- Royal Caribbean: Extra values, special pricing and exclusive amenities for AAA Members.
During the duration of the event at AAA Brandywine, August 12-16, the following discounts are offered:
- Membership specials
- Travel offers special: Get up to a $100 Gift Card with the purchase of certain bookings
- $50 off repair service of $150 or greater at AAA Brandywine.
- $20 off the purchase of a car battery.
- Free check engine light code scan.
- Save up to $35 off fluid services ($10 on one service, $20 on two or $35 on three. Excludes oil changes).
- $10 off alignment service.
- $10 off brake pads (must be installed).
- Save up to $50 on shocks and struts ($20 off front OR rear service or $50 off on both).
- $10 off headlight restoration service.
- Get $50 off 4 tires or $20 off 2 tires with the purchase of an alignment (Get $20 off 2 tires, get $50 off 4 tires).
AAA is pleased to partner with the TSA to help provide this valuable service for AAA members and the general public. AAA Members and non-members must register in advance for enrollment at the IdentoGo TSA Pre?® Mobile RV. Click here to access AAA’s website for more details about the Brandywine event, as well as other upcomingTSA Pre?® events. The TSA Pre?® application program membership is only open to U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents.
“In addition, children ages 12 and younger may use the TSA Pre?® lane when traveling with a parent or guardian who has the indicator on their boarding pass,” said John B. Townsend II, AAA Mid-Atlantic’s Manager of Public and Government Affairs. “Travelers 13 years of age and older without a TSA Pre?® boarding pass must go through standard security lanes.”
Follow these steps to pre-enroll.Be sure to schedule an appointment online and bring your proof of U.S. Citizenship with you to your appointment!
- Click here to access the application page
- Click “Start Application Now”, then click “New Enrollment ”
- Fill out Steps and choose “Next” at the bottom of each screen
- Type in your location at Zipcode/City/Airport Code box – search
- Choose the AAA location near you and click “Next”
- Select your desired appointment time (Please be sure to make note of your appointment time, no reminders will be sent out.)
Mobile IdentoGO agents will process TSA Pre?® applications on-site. Appointments are limited and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis so register as soon as possible. To complete the application process, you will need to bring documentation proving identity and citizenship status.
Your name on the documents must match exactly. If they do not, bring an original or certified copy of a court-ordered name change document (to include marriage certificates and divorce decrees). If you have a valid U.S. passport, that is all you need for ID. You will finish the process onsite by providing your fingerprints for a background check. The application fee is $85 and can be paid by credit card, money order, company check, or certified/cashier’s check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II