News Release, Town of Leonardtown
Leonardtown, MD- This Friday, July 12th in Leonardtown Square from 6 PM – 9 PM for the Jazz Era Kickoff Party for the Potomac Jazz & Seafood Festival. There will be great music, food, dancing, croquet on the lawn, a costume contest with a cash prize of $500 (courtesy of Escape Rooms of Southern Maryland) and a 50/50 raffle. Dust off your dancing shoes and join us for a fun evening.
A Celebration of Jazz, the Official Kickoff Party for the Potomac Jazz & Seafood Festival
- Friday, July 12, 2019
- 6 PM – 9 PM
- Leonardtown Square
The backup venue in case of inclement weather is Leonard Hall Recreation Center located at: 23145 Leonard Hall Dr, Leonardtown, MD 20650. We will make the announcement by 11:00 a.m. about whether we will have to relocate the event. The announcement will be sent out by email and posted on the Town of Leonardtown and the event Facebook pages.
- Music provided by Chesapeake Swingband featuring music from the 20s–50s
- A special Roaring 20’s performance by Ballet Caliente
- There will be a classic antique car show courtesy of St. Mary’s Rod & Classic
- Food provided by Linda’s on the Go and Head of the Bay Farm Ventures
- You can also pre-order picnic bags from the participating restaurants in Town: Big Larry’s Eatery, Social Coffeehouse, Jessie’s Kitchen, Smokey Joe’s on the Town, Shepherd’s Old Field Market, and Port of Leonardtown Winery
- Drop N’ Dine is available through the Leonardtown Arts Center, and ARTful PLAYhouse (at SOF) for parents who would like to have a date night on the Square
- There will be some seating available (thank you to Tri-County Rent a Tent for providing tables and chairs for the event). As space for tables/chairs is limited, attendees may wish to bring portable tables and/or lawn chairs.
- We are inviting attendees to come dressed in attire from their favorite period from the 20’s – 50’s, however, costumes aren’t required (there will be an accessories table with costume pieces available while supplies last)
- There will be a Costume Contest with a $500 GRAND PRIZE for those attendees who want to go all out and dress in attire from the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s or 50’s!
- We will also be holding a 50/50 Raffle ($1 per ticket or 5 for $3). You can pre-purchase tickets in Town Hall located at 22670 Washington Street tomorrow and Friday morning between the hours of 8:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. Tickets will also be available for purchase at the event.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II