Coveted RUSH Crate Win to Austin Bussler
By Doug Watson– No Images this week as the photographer has appeared to lock them and they can’t be uploaded. Sorry
Budds Creek, MD- Steven Axtell Jr. drove to his first Late Model feature win of the season in last Wednesday’s 35-lap “Budds Creek Battle” at Potomac Speedway. The win for Axtell, worth $2500, was the second of his Potomac career and it came steering his Emerald Homes sponsored, Rocket no.81.
Axtell shot from his outside front row starting spot to take the lead on the first lap and would eventually control all 35-circuits. Dale Hollidge, Jamie Lathroum and Daryl Hills all chased Axtell during the race at one point, but all fell victim to flat tires, with Jason Covert saving enough tire for a runner up finish.
“It’s great to get a win here tonight and I’d like to thank all the fans that came out tonight,” Axtell stated post-race. “I saw that tires were becoming an issue and with about seven to go ours were starting to give up, but I guess we had enough to get the win.”
Tyler Emory was solid in third with Dale Hollidge and Daryl Hills, who both rebounded from mid-race pit stops, to complete the top-five. Heats went to Hollidge and Lathroum.
Austin Bussler became the 6th different winner of the season with his first career Potomac victory in the 25-lap RUSH Crate Late Model main. Defending track champion Chuck Bowie lead the first 22-laps of the event until Bussler took control on a lap 23 re-start to claim the $1000 win aboard his Swartz Chassis no.2
“We’ve been getting better and better with this car and tonight was our night.” A jubilant Bussler stated in victory lane. “I have to thank my mom and dad and everyone who helps us, this is a great feeling.”
Bowie held tough for second with Jamie Sutphin, Jeremy Pilkerton, and Logan Roberson rounding out the top-five. Heats went to Roberson and Bussler.
In his first ever start at Potomac Speedway Hagerstown Md’s Michael Warrenfeltz scored a big win in the 25-lap Street Stock feature.
Warrenfeltz snared the lead from Dylan Rutherford on the 10th lap and would lead the distance taking his career first Potomac feature win and the hefty $2000 winners prize.”This is the first time I’ve ever seen this place.” Warrenfeltz stated. “Our car worked really good here tonight and I’m glad we decided to come down tonight.” Rutherford would hold on the second with Mike Grady Jr., Ed Pope Jr. and Tyler Gray trailing at the finish. Heats went to Pope and Warrenfeltz.
In other action, defending track champion Mikey Latham drove to his 2nd win of the season in the 15-lap Hobby Stock feature, John Hardesty claimed his 4th of the year in the 15-lap Strictly Stock main with Allen Griffith Jr. scoring his 2nd of 2019 in the nightcap 15-lap U-Car main.
Late Model feature finish
1. Steven Axtell Jr. 2. Jason Covert 3. Tyler Emory 4. Dale Hollidge 5. Daryl Hills 6. Jamie Lathroum 7. James Snead 8. Andy Anderson 9. Brent Bordeaux 10. Jonny Oliver 11. Brandon Long 12. Billy Tucker 13. Scott Wilson
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Austin Bussler 2. Chuck Bowie 3. Jamie Sutphin 4. Jeremy Pilkerton 5. Logan Roberson 6. Megan Mann 7. Darren Alvey 8. Ben Bowie 9. Jennae Piper 10. Jakob Piper 11. Jonathan Raley 12. Mike Raleigh 13. Kyle Lear 14. Timmy Booth 15. Ronnie Martin Jr.
Street Stock feature finish
1. Michael Warrenfeltz 2. Dylan Rutherford 3. Mike Grady Jr. 4. Ed Pope Jr. 5. Tyler Gray 6. Jeff Pilkerton 7. Ben Hamilton 8. Ricky Feltner 9. Deuce Wright 10. Jonathan Raley 11. Ben Pirner 12. Branson Woodward 13. Mike Latham 14. Craig Parrill 15. PJ Hatcher 16. Marty Hanbury 17. Kyle Nelson
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Mikey Latham 2. Greg Morgan 3. Buddy Dunagan 4. Kyle Nelson 5. Colin Long 6. Stevie Gingery 7. Hilton Pickeral 8. Jacob Bule 9. Jason Wilkins 10. Billy Crouse 11. Seth Jones 12. Ray Bucci (DNS)
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. John Hardesty 2. Josh Martinson 3. Johnny Hardesty 4. Jeff Bloch 5. JJ Silvious 6. Danny Kitts 7. Daniel Knodle 8. Bryan Allen 9. Nabil Guffey 10. Greg Mattingly 11. Wesley Givens
U- Car feature finish
1. Allen Griffith Jr. 2. Cody Stamp 3. Justin Knight 4. Tim Steele 5. Joey Suite 6. Brad Saylor 7. Mackenzie Smith 8. Owen Lacey 9. Tyler Grinder 10. Ashley Stansell 11. Steph Homberg 12. Stephen Suite 13. Ryan Quade 14. Dominic King (DQ) 15. Derick Quade Jr. (DNS)