This page provides daily information about the operations and scheduling of activities at the Potomac River Test Range and the Explosive Experimental Area (Pumpkin Neck). These facilities are used by our military to conduct munitions testing and should be avoided while testing is in progress. Click on any of the areas of interest to the right for additional information.
Range / Weapons Testing Hotline: 877-845-5656 (toll free) for daily updates on range operation and test schedules.
Noise Questions & Comments: 866-359-5540 (toll free) to comment or ask a question about noise or vibrations you think are being caused by operations at Dahlgren.
For more information on NSWC Dahlgren’s range schedule, contact the NSWCDD Public Affairs Office, (540) 653-8152.Range Schedule for June 24, 2019
Monday, June 24
Testing at EEA/Testing at AA Fuze Range/Testing at Building 213/Aircraft and Boat Operations on the Potomac River
- Operating Times: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Noise on Station: Potential to create “VERY LOUD” noise in the southern (Building 101) area of NSF Dahlgren
- Noise Down Range: Potential to create “VERY LOUD” noise down range and in communities surrounding NSF Dahlgren
- River Restrictions: Upper Machodoc Creek area will be restricted
- Roads Closed on Station: River Bank Road, Fuze Road
- Barricades Closed on Station: AA Fuze Range barricades, Building 213 barricades
- EMCON Conditions: Frequency-specific EMCON for UAV operations
- Main Range Shelter Condition: None
- Other Notifications: None
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II