News Release, State Highway Administration
MDOT SHA MAJOR PLANNED MAJOR LANE CLOSURE UPDATE – JUNE 21, 2019
All Work is Weather Dependent
Real-Time travel conditions and live traffic cameras are available – md511.maryland.gov.
• Padonia Road under the I-83 Bridges – Bridge replacement project – Padonia Road to be closed and detoured beginning at 8 p.m. Sunday until 5 a.m. Monday.
• Westbound US 40 (Pulaski Highway) on the Bridge over the Little Gunpowder Falls – Bridge rehabilitation project – Single lane closure Saturday and Sunday between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. new
• MD 36 (Mt. Savage Road) Bridge over Jennings Run –Bridge Replacement – MD 36 is closed and detoured until late-August.
• MD 638 (Parkersburg Road) Bridge over Great Allegany Pass (former western Maryland Scenic Rail System) – Mabey Bridge Replacement – MD 638 is closed and detoured between June 14 and June 28.
• Westbound I-68 (National Freeway) near Greene Street – Mountain slope repair project – Right lane closed until early summer.
Anne Arundel County
• Northbound I-895 Bridge over the Patapsco Flats (Between MD 295 and the I-97/MD spur) – Bridge rehabilitation – (MDTA project) 24/7 right lane closure until summer 2019.
• I-895 (Baltimore Harbor Tunnel Throughway) between the tunnels and Boston Street/O’Donnell Street (exit 11) and the Holabird Avenue exit (MDTA Project) – Bridge rehabilitation project – Northbound I-895 closed and two-way traffic using southbound I-895. Use I-95 (Fort McHenry Tunnel) or I-695 (Francis Scott Key Bridge) as alternate routes. Project to last until 2021.
• Warren Road Bridge over Loch Raven Reservoir (Baltimore City Owned Bridge) – Emergency bridge repair – Road closed until late-summer. Motorists encouraged to use MD 145 (Paper Mill Road).
• Eastbound Padonia Road ramp to northbound I-83 – Ramp closure for bridge replacement project – Motorists will be guided to Deerco Road to the I-83/Timonium Road interchange.
• Bradshaw Road Bridge over I-95 (MDTA Project) – Bridge rehabilitation project – Bridge to close and traffic detoured until spring 2020.
• MD 273 (Telegraph Road) Bridge over Big Elk Creek – Bridge replacement project – Temporary traffic signal to alternate traffic in single lane until spring 2020.
• MD 180 (Jefferson Pike) at Mt. Zion Road – Roundabout construction – On June 20, the MD 180/Mt. Zion Road intersection will be closed. MD 180 will be detoured to US 340 (runs parallel). Mt. Zion Road will be detoured using Stone Road to Teen Barnes Road to MD 180 and back to Mt. Zion Road. new
• MD 31 (New Windsor Road) between Oak Orchard Road and Sams Creek Road (near the Carroll County line) – Slope repair – Total closure and local detour. Repair should be complete early July.
• MD 478 (Knoxville Road) Bridge over Branch of the Potomac River – Bridge replacement project –MD 478 is closed through fall. Local traffic will have access up to the point of the bridge closure. Through motorists will be detoured to MD 17 (Petersville Road/Burkittsville Road) to MD 180 (Jefferson Pike) and back to MD 478. Motorists may also choose US 340 as an alternate route.
• Eastbound US 40 Alternate (Old National Pike) between Fern Lane and Ridge Road – Roadside slope repair – Right truck “climbing” lane and shoulder closed until July.
• MD 28 (Dickerson Road) Bridge over the Monocacy River – Bridge rehabilitation– Single lane closure (24/7) guided by temporary traffic signal until spring 2020. Beginning at 10 p.m. on Friday, June 21 until 5 a.m. on Monday, June 24, crews will close and detour the MD 28 (Dickerson Road) Bridge over the Monocacy River Bridge for travel lane patching and concrete repairs.
Prince George’s County
• Southbound I-95/I-495 (Capital Beltway) ramp to eastbound MD 214 (Central Avenue) – Bridge replacement project – Total ramp closure with traffic using the Capital Beltway/MD 202 (Largo Road) interchange and then to MD 214 via MD 202.
• MD 364 (Dividing Creek Road) Bridge over Dividing Creek – Bridge replacement project – Total road closure and detour until late-August.
MAJOR Closures for Next Week
Anne Arundel County
• Westbound MD 175 (Annapolis Road/Jessup Road) between National Business Parkway and MD 295 (Baltimore-Washington Parkway) – Utility relocation – Single lane closures Sunday nights through Friday mornings from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
• I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) between Old Harford Road and Lillian Holt Drive (prior to I-95) – Resurfacing – Single and double lane closures Sunday nights through Friday mornings between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Once inner loop is complete, crews will switch to the outer loop.
• MD 31 (New Windsor Road) between Tahoma Farm Road and MD 140 (Taneytown Pike) – Resurfacing – MD 31 will close from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday nights through Friday mornings. Motorists will be detoured to from MD 31 to WMC Drive to access MD 140 and MD 31. The project will be complete by the end of June.
• MD 26 (Liberty Road) between MD 194 (Woodsboro Pike) and Old Annapolis Road – Pavement repair – Single lane closures guided by flaggers Mondays through Fridays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. until late-July. new
• MD 77 (Foxville Road) between Pryor Road and Stottlemyer Road – Major culvert replacement project – Total closures and detours overnights between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. beginning June 19 until mid-September.
• Westbound I-70 between the Baltimore/Howard County line to just west of Marriottsville Road– Resurfacing – Single and double lane closures Sunday nights through Friday mornings between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
• I-270 between I-495 (Capital Beltway) and MD 187 (Old Georgetown Road) – Pavement maintenance/joint sealing – Single and double lane closures Sunday nights through Friday mornings between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Work should be complete early July. new
• US 29 (Colesville Road) between MD 97 (Georgia Avenue) and St. Andrews Way (near Sligo Creek Parkway) – Resurfacing – Single lane closures Mondays through Fridays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and Sunday nights through Friday mornings between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
• US 29 (Colesville Road) between I-495 (Capital Beltway) and MD 97 (Georgia Avenue) – WSSC water line replacement project – Single and double lane closures Mondays through Fridays between 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Sundays through Friday mornings between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. Single lane closures Saturday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• MD 97 (Georgia Avenue) between north of Goldmine Road and south of Holiday Drive – Bypass construction – Single lane closures Mondays through Fridays between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
• US 13 Business (Market Street) Bridge over the Pocomoke River – Drawbridge motor replacement – Single lane closures guided by flaggers Monday through Wednesday between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. new
• MD 632 (Downsville Pike) between I-70 and the Hagerstown City limits – Pavement repair/resurfacing – Single lane closures during patching and milling between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Paving will take place between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday nights through Friday mornings. Project should be complete mid-summer.
• I-81 between the Potomac River Bridge (West Virginia line) and MD 68/MD 63 (Lappans Road) – Highway widening project – Left lane closures Sunday nights through Friday mornings between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. There may be occasional, brief total closures to move equipment and material into place between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m.
• US 50 (Ocean Gateway) Bridge over Sinepuxent Bay (Harry Kelley Memorial Bridge) – Bridge repair – Single lane closures guided by a flagging operation Mondays through Fridays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
• MD 464 (Point of Rocks Road) Bridge over Little Catoctin Creek – Bridge replacement project – Total closure and local detour on July 8 until early 2020. Motorists will be guided around the bridge project using Olive School Road to MD 180 (Jefferson Pike) to MD 17 (Petersville Road). A temporary traffic signal will be installed at MD 180 (Jefferson Pike) and Olive School Road prior to the closure.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II