News Release, Charles County Public Schools
New to Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is an online student registration system for parents. The system is active and available on the school system website at https://www.ccboe.com/index.php/online-registration.
The website features details about the registration process, what is required for parents enrolling a student new to CCPS and an easy-to-follow video tutorial. The registration website also includes step-by-step directions for users.
Parents with students already enrolled in CCPS can register another child using an active ParentVue account. A registration tab is located in the upper right-hand corner of all active ParentVue accounts. Click the tab to begin registration.
To find out what school a child is zoned to attend, parents can use the School Locator mapping system available online at http://redistrictingschoollocator.ccboe.com/default.aspx?load=addressInput.
Parents new to CCPS must first create a ParentVue account to register online using a valid email address. Click here to start the registration process. New users must select create new account from the more options menu area (located underneath the word Login).
The online registration process requires users to upload document copies and/or images of required documents. A school staff member will review all online registrations and screen submissions to ensure all required information is submitted.
Parents can also complete the registration process in person using a computer or kiosk at their child’s zoned school. Parents should contact the school to see if they need to set up an appointment.
All children entering CCPS must have the following information:
- A physical examination by a physician or certified practitioner (parents must submit proof of a physical examination completed between nine months before or six months after entering school);
- Proof of required immunizations against communicable diseases (Department of Health and Mental Hygiene 896 form is available online at https://www.ccboe.com/ss/forms-and-important-links/);
- The child’s birth certificate or other acceptable proof of birth (passport/visa; physician’s certificate; baptismal or church certification; hospital certificate; or birth registration). If the child was born in Maryland, a copy of his/her birth certificate is available for purchase from the Charles County Department of Health. Call 301-609-6900 for details;
- Two proofs of domicile (residency). A complete list of acceptable proofs of domicile is posted on the school system website at https://www.ccboe.com/ss/how-to-register/. Call the CCPS Department of Student Services at 301-934-7326 with questions about proofs of domicile.
- Proof that the student has completed the grade prior to the one in which the parent is seeking enrollment, such as a report card marked promoted; and
- Students who are transferring from another school in Maryland should also have a copy of the Student Record Card 7 that is completed by the sending school. The Student Record Card 7 is also called the Maryland Student Withdrawal/Transfer Record.
Parents are responsible for notifying the school system of any change in address.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II