Planet Fitness Celebrates the Much-Revered Body Type and its Judgement Free Philosophy For Third Consecutive Year with New Survey Results
News Release, Planet Fitness
HAMPTON, N.H. (June 11, 2019) – Planet Fitness, Inc., one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the U.S. and home of the Judgement Free Zone®, acknowledges and celebrates the “dad bod” – that comes in all shapes and sizes – ahead of Father’s Day with new insights from a national study* commissioned by Planet Fitness. The results reveal there’s an ever-increasing appreciation for and acceptance of the “dad bod” physique. This is the third year in which Planet Fitness has studied how American men and women feel about it, with data pointing to the consensus that it exudes more sexiness and confidence now than ever before.
There are a number of insights regarding how people feel about the “dad bod” overall, including how the sentiment compares year over year. For example, over 23 million men identify as having one – similar to those who said the same in 2018 – but this year more men believe that there is universal acceptance of the “dad bod” than in 2018 (71 percent vs. 63 percent). Both men and women associate the body type with positive traits as demonstrated by new survey insights, including:
- Body Positivity on the Rise. More men with a “dad bod” this year in comparison to last year say:
- They are happier with their body (79 percent vs. 64 percent);
- Having that body type has improved their life in some way (72 percent vs. 62 percent);
- A “dad bod” has made them more relaxed (46 percent vs. 37 percent).
- Boosted Self-Esteem. Men who say their “dad bod” has improved their life this year claim their body type has helped them accept themselves (48 percent) or made them less concerned with their appearance (47 percent).
- Confidence is King. Nearly four in five among both women and men (78 percent) believe a “dad bod” is a sign of a man who is confident in his own skin.
- Yes, Please. More Americans say the “dad bod” is attractive (65 percent vs. 57 percent), men with a “dad bod” are sexy (61 percent vs. 51 percent) and the “dad bod” is the new six-pack (51 percent vs. 41 percent) this year compared to last year.
“As home of the Judgement Free Zone, we’re proud to offer a comfortable environment for all of our members, regardless of body type,” said Jamie Medeiros, Vice President of Marketing at Planet Fitness. “This Father’s Day, Planet Fitness is challenging everyone, and not just dads, to be comfortable in their own skin and accept others for who they are.”
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II