News Release, Charles County Public Information Office
The County Administrator wishes to remind residents of changes to normal operating schedules for the month of July. All offices, facilities, and services not listed will be operating their normal hours.
Thursday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- All Charles County Government offices and the Tri-County Animal Shelter in Hughesville will be closed.
- The Charles County Landfill and all recycling centers will be closed.
- Curbside recycling and yard waste collection will be delayed one day for the remaining week, Friday, July 5 through Saturday, July 6.
- VanGO services will not be operating.
- The Nanjemoy Community Center, senior centers, Port Tobacco Recreation Center, Elite Gymnastics, and all school based community centers are closed.
- All pools will be open noon -5 p.m. for open swim (Lackey, Donald M. Wade Aquatic Center, North Point, McDonough, La Plata and Thomas Stone).
- Charles County Public Library is closed (All branches).
- Charles County Department of Health is closed.
For questions about County Government holiday closures, contact the Public Information Office at 301-885-2779 or PressRoom@CharlesCountyMD.gov. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II