Indian Head home fire blamed on electrical malfunction

By: David Higgins II

UPDATE 6/17/2019- The fire occurred in the second story bedroom due to an electrical malfunction, resulting in damage to the entire second floor.  There were no injuries as a result of the fire.

The Fire Marshal estimates the damage to be $175,000.00.

The location was originally listed as Bryans Road, however the official report lists Indian Head, MD as the town.

Bryans Road, MD- On Wednesday, June 12 volunteers from Bryans Road, Potomac Heights, La Plata, Waldorf, and mutual aid from Accokeek and NDW Indian Head responded to a single family home on Lox Street with fire showing.

Units gain control of the fire on the second floor and checked for hazards, while also ventaliting.

This fire is currently under investigation by the Office of the State Fire Marshal, and the Red Cross was called in to assist the residents.

Photos courtesy CCVFA PIO on scene

More information will be provided once a Fire Marshal’s report is filed.