News Release, Charles County Public Information Office
9 a.m. – The Open Session of the Commissioners’ Meeting begins in the Commissioner’s Meeting Room.
- Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
- Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month
- World Sickle Cell Awareness Day
- Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) Day
- Local Government Insurance Trust (LGIT) Training Grant Award
- Charles County Teachers Recognition
- New Employee Introductions; Employee Years of Service
- Commissioners’ Comments
- Approval of the Minutes of June 4, 2019
- Notice of the Tentative Agenda for July 9, 2019
- Approval Items
9:30 a.m. –Approval: Comcast Franchise Renewal Agreement
The Closed Session will begin at 10 a.m. in the Government Building Conference Room. All or a portion of this session may be closed pursuant to Section 3-305(b)(1)(7) of the General Provisions Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
11:15 a.m. – The Open Session of the Commissioners’ Meeting continues in the Commissioner’s Meeting Room.
- Briefing: Homeowners Association Dispute Review Board
11:40 a.m. –Briefing: Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program
Noon – Briefing: Economic Development Expansion and Attraction Projects Update
12:45 p.m. – Commissioners’ New Business
BRIEFING AND TOUR
2:30 p.m. – Briefing: Overview of the Charles County Sheriff’s Office (6855 Crain Highway, La Plata)
5:30 p.m. – Registration opens to sign in to speak at the public hearing.
6 p.m. – Public Hearing:
- Zoning Map Amendment 19-0001 Belike Property, LLC
- Zoning Text Amendment 19-152 Permanent Shelters in the General Industrial Zone
6 p.m. – The Open Session of the Commissioners’ Meeting continues in the Government Building Conference Room.
- Participant and Community Input on Housing Voucher Program
THIS AGENDA IS TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Visit BoardDocs for detailed information on this agenda.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II