News Release, Washington Nationals
- STAR WARS™ Day (Saturday, June 15, 3:15 p.m., Nationals Park)
The Nationals host the fifth annual STAR WARS™ Day at Nationals Park. STAR WARS™ characters will be roaming the concourse to take pictures with fans, stage live combats, and participate in pregame ceremonies.
- U.S. Army Day (Tuesday, June 18, 6:15 p.m., Nationals Park)
As part of the Nationals Military Branch Day Series, join us at Nationals Park as we honor and celebrate the U.S. Army. Representatives from the U.S. Army will participate in the pregame ceremonies and be special guests of the Nationals. Highlights will include:
- The U.S. Army Chorus will perform the National Anthem and God Bless America
- Ceremonial first pitch thrown by 23rd and current Secretary of the Army, the Honorable Mark Esper
- DC Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (Sunday, June 23, 12:15 p.m., Nationals Park)
The 11 new members of the Washington DC Sports Hall of Fame will be honored during a pregame ceremony.
Fun for Fans
- Fireworks Friday presented by Budweiser (Friday, June 14)
- STAR WARS™ Day – (Saturday, June 15)
- Father’s Day Catch on the Field – (Sunday, June 16)
- Ladies Night presented by Tysons Corner Center – (Thursday, June 20)
- Yoga in the Outfield presented by Kaiser Permanente – (Sunday, June 23)
What to Watch For
- Anibal goes for 100
Anibal Sanchez enters the homestand one win shy of 100 for his career.
- NL East Foes
In the final seven games of the homestand, the Nationals will battle it out with the Philadelphia Phillies and Atlanta Braves as the three teams compete in a deep and competitive division race.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II