News Release, Charles County Public Schools
Superintendent Kimberly Hill announced the appointment of five new principals, three principal transfers, eight vice principal appointments and 15 vice principal transfers for the 2019-20 school year.
New principal appointments include:
- Todd Wonderling from vice principal at Dr. Gustavus Brown Elementary School to principal at T.C. Martin Elementary School.
- Melinda Johnson, chief academic officer at Marion P. Thomas Charter School, to principal of J.P. Ryon Elementary School.
- Gary Lesko from vice principal at Mattawoman Middle School to principal of Eva Turner Elementary School.
- Erica Williams from vice principal at Milton M. Somers Middle School to principal of Benjamin Stoddert Middle School.
- Shanif Pearl, acting principal at Thomas Stone High School, to principal of Stone.
Principal transfers include:
- Kevin Jackson from William B. Wade Elementary to principal at Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer Elementary School.
- Nancy Seifert from Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer Elementary School to principal at Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School.
- William Miller from Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School to principal at William B. Wade Elementary School.
New vice principal appointments include:
- Bryan Hill from art teacher at Mary B. Neal Elementary School to vice principal at Berry Elementary School.
- Tiyata Winters from administrative intern at Mattawoman to vice principal at Mattawoman.
- Tawfik Adams from administrative intern at Stoddert to vice principal at Stoddert.
- Scott Lush from administrative intern at North Point High School to vice principal at North Point.
- Christine Paul from administrative intern at North Point to vice principal at Stone.
- Shay Crisp from language arts teacher at John Hanson Middle School to vice principal at Dr. Brown.
- Marquelle Peavy from administrative intern at St. Charles High School to vice principal at Stoddert.
- Dana Fenwick from administrative intern at Westlake High School to vice principal at Westlake.
Vice principal transfers include:
- Michael Hoffman from Jenifer to vice principal at Billingsley Elementary School.
- Melissa Withrow from J.P. Ryon to vice principal at William A. Diggs Elementary School.
- Robynn Mudd from J.C. Parks Elementary School to vice principal at Indian Head Elementary School.
- Leigh Ann McLaud from Diggs to vice principal at Jenifer.
- Jacqueline Couvillon from T.C. Martin to vice principal at Jenifer.
- Tara Zeier from Berry to vice principal at T.C. Martin.
- Philip Jones from Westlake to vice principal at John Hanson.
- Portia Parker from Stoddert to vice principal at Mattawoman.
- Shayna Gold from General Smallwood Middle School to vice principal at Piccowaxen Middle School.
- Jennifer Branham from Mattawoman to vice principal at Smallwood.
- Cynthia Panizzi from Westlake to vice principal at Somers.
- Matthew Loyd from Stone to vice principal at St. Charles.
- Paul Alvarez from St. Charles to vice principal at Stone.
- Erin Kaple from Piccowaxen to vice principal at Westlake.
- Philip Genua from Hanson to vice principal at Stone.
All appointments and transfers take effect July 1 for the 2019-20 school year.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II