News Release, Maryland State Police-Leonardtown Barracks All persons charged with a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
On 5/9/2019 at approximately 9:00pm, Master Trooper J. Preston investigated a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Three Notch Road @ Golden Beach Road, Charlotte Hall, MD. As a result of the investigation, suspected heroin capsules were located inside one of the vehicles involved. Deon Lamont Jones, 28 of California, MD and Lisa Marie Osborne, 50 of Lusby, MD were taken into custody.
While at the St. Mary’s County Detention Center, additional suspected heroin capsules were located on Jones. Jones was charged with Possession with Intent to Distribute, Possession of CDS-Not Marijuana, and Possession of CDS in a place of confinement. Osborne was charged with Possession of CDS-Not Marijuana. (19-MSP-019466)
The following people were arrested for Driving under the Influence:
- On 5/10/2019, Rachel Angeline Nelson, 21 of Mechanicsville, MD was arrested by Tpr J. Powis
- On 5/10/2019, Keith Philip Tucker, 46 of Waldorf, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Manning
- On 5/11/2019, Lucus Wayne Clark, 22 of Erwin, TN was arrested by Tfc J. Powis
- On 5/11/2019, Robert Steven Lace4y 39 of Mechanicsville, MD was arrested by Tpr J. Powis
- On 5/12/2019, David Wendell Young, 58 of Mechanicsville, MD was arrested by Tpr E. Ruggles
- On 5/13/2019, Michael Emmanuel Beal, 29 of Clinton, MD was arrested by M/Tpr J. Preston
- On 5/14/2019, Adam Christopher Pruitt, 31 of Houston, TX was arrested by M/Tpr M. Davis
- On 5/15/2019, Michael Keith Whisler, 21 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc A. Opirhory
- On 5/15/2019, Brandon Scott Gardiner, 26 of Hollywood, MD was arrested by Tfc C. DiToto
The following people were arrested for Open Warrants:
- On 5/8/2019, Quentin Leon Rice, 45 of Lusby was arrested by Tfc A. Opirhory for FTA-DUI
- On 5/10/2019, Joseph Xavier Young Jr., was arrested by Tfc C. DiToto for Theft Less than $100; Assault 2nd Degree (3 counts); Malicious Destruction of Property; Unlawful Taking of Motor Vehicle; Credit Card Theft.
- On 5/10/2019, Jawaan Montell Carroll, 34 of Mechanicsville, MD was arrested for Violation of Probation/DUI
- On 5/12/2019, Damien O’brien Terrell Jones, 22 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Manning for FTA-Driving on Highway without Required License; FTA-Driving on Suspended License
- On 5/12/2019, Jalin Atibe Lee, 24 of Waldorf, MD was arrested by Tpr K. Bauer for FTA-Driving on Suspended License (2 counts)
- On 5/12/2019, Ashley Lauren Markart, 26 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested for FTA-Driving on Suspended License
- On 5/13/2019, Darren Edward Cole, 32 of St. Inigoes, MD was arrested by Tpr E. Ruggles for FTA-Theft Less than $100
- On 5/14/2019, Samuel Lee Montgomery, 48 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Manning for First Degree Assault, Second Degree Assault, and Reckless Endangerment.
- On 5/14/2019, Joshua Matthew Pasik, 34 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Cpl. M. Grimes for FTA-Driving without Required License
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II