News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
FROSTBURG, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s lacrosse (9-7, 3-2 CAC) cruised past the Frostburg State University Bobcats on Saturday (Apr. 20) afternoon in Capital Athletic Conference action. The Seahawks defeated the Bobcats 18-8 to secure a home game in the First Round of the CAC Tournament next Saturday (Apr. 27).
How It Happened
- The Seahawks took a commanding lead to start the game, netting five consecutive goals for a 5-0 lead at the 18:41 mark of the first half. Sydni Thacker recorded three goals during the run and Kate Bartholomew tallied two. Leading 7-3 with a little over 10 minutes remaining in the opening half, St. Mary’s College strung together another five goal run for a 12-3 lead at halftime. Ali Collie, Bartholomew (2), and Caitlin Katchmar (2) all buried shots into the back of the cage to end the half.
- In the second half of action, the Seahawks outscored the Bobcats 6-5 to secure the victory. Thacker (2), Nicole Kuderski, Lucy Gussio, and Shannon Kirk (2) beat the opposing goalkeeper for scores.
Inside the Box Score
- Katchmar led the Seahawks with eight points off of two goals and six assists. Gussio (3g, 2a) and Thacker (5g) followed with five points each. Bartholomew (4g) and Collie (1g, 3a) also made an impact with four points each.
- On the defensive end, Mary Kate Fitz-Patrick, Jodi Credit, Francesca Ziccardi, Camila Ranta, Kuderski, and Annalise Wrobel caused one turnover each. In goal, Emma Brown and Aimee Uibel recorded five saves and four ground balls each.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 24 at No. 6 Salisbury – 4:00 p.m. | Capital Athletic Conference contest | Sea Gull Stadium