News Release, Maryland State Police,Leonardtown Barracks
On March 31, 2019 at approximately 5:30pm, Tpr T. Howard responded to a broadcast for a reckless vehicle on Horsehead Road, Great Mills. The suspect vehicle was located moments later and the driver, identified as Carlos Ernesto Rivera Salazar, 29 of Mexico, was determined to be under the influence of alcohol. Salazar resisted arrest and assaulted Tpr Howard. He was transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center where he continued to resist arrest. Salazar was charged with Second Degree Assault, Resisting Arrest, Malicious Destruction of Property, and Driving under the Influence of Alcohol. 19-MSP-013533
On March 31, 2019 at approximately 7:30pm, Tfc A. Oyler conducted a traffic stop on Rt. 235 in Mechanicsville. Based on Tfc Oyler’s observations a K-9 scan was requested. After a positive alert from SMCSO K-9 Hakan, a probable cause search was conducted, revealing suspected heroin and drug paraphernalia inside the passenger’s purse. The passenger, identified as Nicole Leeann Hudson, 26 of Pomfret, MD was arrested and transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center where she was charged with CDS Possession-Not Marijuana. 19-MSP-013545
The following people were arrested for Driving under the Influence:
- On 3/30/2019, Conrad Leland Young, 51 of Mechanicsville, MD was arrested by Tpr E.
- On 3/30/2019, Maria Antonio Llanos-Olivares, 23 of California, MD was arrested by Tfc M.
- On 3/30/2019, Timberly Ann Ricker, 32 of Leonardtown, MD was arrested by Tpr E. Ruggles
- On 3/31/2019, Doniesha Janelle Bryan, 19 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Manning
- On 3/31/2019, Carlos Ernesto Rivera Salazar, 29 of Mexico was arrested by Tpr T. Howard
- On 4/1/2019, Kyle William Bartell, 56 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Manning
The following people were arrested for Open Warrants:
- On 3/28/2019, Aaron Dondre Medley, 19 of Great Mills, MD was arrested by Tfc J. Mulhearn for FTA-Driving without Required License
- On 3/29/2019, Lisa Marie Herbert, 40 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tpr J. Powis for FTA-Driving on Suspended License
- On 3/30/2019, Machiavelli Tyzhae Savoy, 21 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tpr J. Powis for FTA-CDS Possession Marijuana 10 gm+
- On 3/30/2019, Judy Nickole Jones, 34 of Park Hall, MD was arrested by Tfc J. Mulhearn for Violation of Exparte/Protection Order
- On 3/31/2019, Demonta Cortez Butler, 25 of Huntingtown, MD was arrested by Tpr K. Bauer for FTA-Driving on Suspended License
- On 3/31/2019, Oliver Thomas Smith, 32 of Great Mills, MD was arrested by Tfc J. Rutkoski for Child Abuse 2nd Degree, Assault 2nd Degree, Driving on Suspended License and Driving without Required License
- On 4/1/2019, Joseph William Harris, Jr., 43 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tpr J. Powis for FTA-Driving on Suspended License
All persons charged with a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
News releases are a service of the Maryland State Police. Contact the barrack, division, or unit issuing this release for more information.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II