National Weather Service
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THIS
* WHAT...Freezing rain. Additional ice accumulations of less than
a tenth of an inch expected.
* WHERE…In Maryland, Charles County. In Virginia, Stafford and
* WHEN…Until 10 AM EST this morning.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The
hazardous conditions will impact the morning commute.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing rain
will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery roads. Slow down
and use caution while driving.
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST MONDAY…
* WHAT…A coating of snow and sleet and a light glaze of ice from freezing rain are expected. A wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain will develop between 9 and 11 pm this evening. Precipitation will mix with rain overnight with temperatures very close to 32 degrees. Precipitation will change to rain Monday morning.
* WHERE...In Maryland, Charles County. In Virginia, Stafford, Spotsylvania and King George Counties.
* WHEN…From 10 PM this evening to 7 AM EST Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions will impact the Monday morning commute.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for the Maryland portion of the Chesapeake Bay, Tidal Potomac River, and adjacent counties in central Maryland and northern Virginia as well as the District of Columbia.
DAY ONE…Tonight A wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain is expected tonight. The steadiest precipitation is expected overnight. A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for the entire area with the exception of St Marys and Calvert counties in southern Maryland.
DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…Monday through Saturday A wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain is expected to continue into Monday morning. A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect through 10 AM Monday for northern and central Maryland, northern Virginia and Washington DC, and through 7am Monday for Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George, and Charles Counties. There is a threat for wintry precipitation again later Monday into Tuesday. If the threats materialize, there may be travel disruptions.
SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT… Spotters are asked to report significant weather via standard operating procedures.