Nanjemoy, MD- Late afternoon on Tuesday, January 22,2019 a passing motorist discovered a one-story, single family home on fire on Bowie Road in Nanjemoy, MD.
The Nanjemoy Volunteer FIre Department responded with sixty personnel and had the blaze under control in forty minutes.
The Office of the State Fire Marshal was called in to investigate the cause of the blaze.
The preliminary report the cause as a malfunction of a wood burning stove chimney pipe.
The loss is listed as $220,000.00(structure) and $30,000.00(contents). The Fire Marshal says the home is a total loss.
The occupants of the home are displaced and being assisted by the American Red Cross. The Fire Marshal also states a pet rabbit perished in the fire.