Lexington Park Family loses home in blaze

By: David M. Higgins II

Lexington Park, MD- On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 the Office of the State Fire Marshal was called in to investigate a two-story, single family home fire on Olympia COurt in Lexington Park, MD.

The blaze was discovered by the occupant, who called 9-1-1 at 12:40 p.m. The Bay District Volunteer Fire Department responded with twenty-six personnel and had the blaze under control in one hour.

The Fire Marshal lists the preliminary cause of the fire as accidental; with the preliminary report stating that combustible materials were too close to a kerosene heater.

The report lists the property as owned by Federal National Mortgage Association and list the loss as $300,000.00(Structure) and $50,000.00(COntents). The Fire Marshal states the structure is considered a complete loss.

Image courtesy of The Office of the State Fire Marshal

As a result of the blaze, the residents have been displaced and are currently being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Join our email list!

Join our email list! Email subscribers may receive subscriber-only discounts, news, and tips. We only send out an email newsletter twice a month! Thank you!

David M. Higgins II

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in Digital Marketing, eventually leading him back to his passion. David started The Southern Maryland Chronicle in December 2017 and has grown it to become the #1 news source in Southern Maryland.

David M. Higgins II has 11129 posts and counting. See all posts by David M. Higgins II