- All Calvert County Government offices and the circuit and districts courts are closed Jan. 14.
- County bus service is not available Jan. 14.
- All county Parks & Recreation activities, rentals and programs are canceled for Jan. 14.
- The county’s community centers, nature center, parks, the Chesapeake Hills Golf Course and the Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center are closed Jan. 14.
- County convenience centers and the Appeal Landfill are closed Jan. 14.
- The Solomons Visitor Center, Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and all Calvert County libraries are closed today.
- All Health Department offices are closed.
- Calvert County Schools are closed
- Government will open at 11 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 14 with the liberal leave policy in effect for all non-essential employees. Essential personnel and employees required to maintain operations during inclement weather are to report to work as scheduled.
- Schools closed, Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) employees who follow the code system is now a Code Red for Monday, Jan. 14, 2019. Schools are closed Jan. 14, 2019.
- The Landfill, Landfill Recycling Center, Piney Church Mulch Facility, and Pisgah Recycling Center will open at 11 a.m. on Monday, January 14. Curbside recycling collection will be delayed one day for the entire week. Monday collection will take place on Tuesday, Tuesday on Wednesday, Wednesday on Thursday, Thursday on Friday, Friday on Saturday.
St. Mary’s County
- All St. Mary’s County Administrative Offices will be closed.
- All St. Mary’s County Public Schools will be closed. Code 3 for employees.
- Non-Public School transportation will not be provided.
- All Recreation and Parks programs operating in the Public Schools are cancelled.
- All Recreation and Parks facilities will open at noon
- STS Transit will be operating at 2 p.m.
- The six (6) Convenience Centers and St, Andrews Landfill are closed
- St. Mary’s County Regional Airport remains open, however the runway is closed to planes due to snow.
- All three Senior Activity Centers (Garvey, Loffler and Northern) will be closed
- All St. Mary’s County Library locations (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown & Lexington Park) will remain closed
- St. Mary’s County Circuit Courthouse is closed.
- All College of Southern Maryland campuses will remain closed
- NAS Pax River will remain in restricted access on January 14 for all but Critical Personnel.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II