News Release via Navy Federal Credit Union Facebook
Coverage under this program begins if a shutdown extends into the next pay period and your pay is interrupted.The current shutdown does not affect DoD servicemembers and DoD federal employees’ pay. To find out if your pay will be affected, check with your agency. You can also visit defense.gov, opm.govor dhs.gov for more resources.
This is an evolving situation we are continuously monitoring. Check back here for more updates.
If Your Pay Is Impacted
You may be eligible for government shutdown assistance if your pay is impacted, you’ve set up direct deposit of pay with Navy Federal, and you are:
- Federal government employees
- Active Duty servicemembers of the Coast Guard
How to Get a Loan
- Enroll in the Government Shutdown Loan ProgramLoan amounts are calculated based on the amount of the most recent direct deposit of pay made prior to the interruption of pay. Loans have a 0% APR and are available up to a maximum loan amount of $6,000. To determine the loan you’re eligible for, use this chart for reference.
- There are no fees or interest charges associated with this loan
- No credit check is required
- For loan proceeds to be available on your scheduled pay date, you must register by the day before
- Navy Federal will continue to accept registration until three days after your scheduled pay day
- Receive Loan
- Loans will only be available and disbursed only if, in connection with the government shutdown, the government fails to pay eligible members
- Repay Loan
- Once direct deposit of pay resumes, the amount credited to your account(s) will be automatically deducted as repayment