Press Release, Maryland State Police-Leonardtown Barrack
Foot Pursuit/Handgun Violation/CDS/Warrant:
On December 28, 2018, Tpr T. Howard attempted a traffic stop in the area of Pacific Drive, Lexington Park, MD when the suspect crashed the vehicle and fled on foot. After a brief foot pursuit the operator was apprehended. A strong odor of marijuana was emitting from his person and he gave a false name. His true identity was revealed and he was found to have active warrants through MSP Leonardtown and SMCSO.
A search of his vehicle revealed a loaded handgun under the driver’s seat and suspected marijuana. The suspect was identified as De’Atre Marquise Perkins (23 of Temple Hills, MD). Perkins is prohibited from possessing a firearm since he is considered a Fugitive From Justice. He was transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention & Rehabilitation Center where he was charged with multiple counts of handgun possession, and marijuana greater than 10 grams. (18-MSP-056488)
The following people were arrested for Driving under the Influence:
- On 12/28/2018, William Gregory Baker, 37 of Lusby, MD was arrested by Tpr R. Kaszubski
- On 12/29/2018, Michael Ryan Dodge, 38 of Lusby, MD was arrested by Tfc J. Mulhearn
- On 12/29/2018, Dwight Kyle Rodgers, 27 of Chaptico, MD was arrested by Tfc J. Mulhearn
- On 12/31/2018, Michael Douglas Mackenzie, 23 of La Plata, MD was arrested by Tfc A. Oyler
- On 1/1/2019, Keshawn Joseph Cornell Morgan, 19 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tpr T. Howard
- On 1/1/2019, Zane Allen Bainter, 20 of Mechanicsville, MD was arrested by Tpr. T. Howard
- On 1/1/2019, Shawn Joseph Houser, 39 of California, MD was arrested by Cpl. J. Pilkerton
The following people were arrested for Open Warrants:
- On 12/27/2018, Trenton Deonn Barnett, 29 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc B. DiToto for Motor Vehicle Theft.
- On 12/27/2018, Donald Bert Gray, 51 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tpr M. Whitman for FTA-Driving on a Suspended License.
- On 12/29/2018, De’Atre Marquise Perkins, 22 of Temple Hills, MD was arrested by Tpr T. Howard for Driving While Impaired by Alcohol and Driving without a Required License.
- On 1/1/2019, Travis Oneil Johnson, 33 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Johnson for 2nd Degree Assault and Theft less than $100.
- On 1/1/2019, Christopher Lawrence Robinson, 25 of Lexington Park was arrested by Tfc M. Manning for FTA-Theft less than $100
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II