San Souci fire started by electrical malfunction

California, MD- At 11:36 p.m. on December 20, 2018 a 9-1-1 dispatch was sent out for a commercial structure fire at the San Souci Shopping Center on MacArthur Blvd.

The first due company was the Bay District Fire Department arriving with 50 personnel.

The State Fire Marshal was called in to investigate. The preliminary cause is listed as accidental with are of origin being an electrical malfunction OUTSIDE of the vacant storefront.

Multiple adjoining stores suffered smoke damage as well. The Fire Marshal lists the loss at $25,000.00 for the structure.

David M. Higgins II

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in Digital Marketing, eventually leading him back to his passion. David started The Southern Maryland Chronicle in December 2017 and has grown it to become the #1 news source in Southern Maryland.

David M. Higgins II has 11177 posts and counting. See all posts by David M. Higgins II