La Plata, MD- In an effort to keep our citizens informed, Charles County Government issues public notices that are published in the local newspaper’s legal section. As a courtesy, these notices are also posted below and on social media (Facebookand Twitter) for reference. For more information or questions about a specific public notice, contact the staff person listed in the notice.
- Notice to Bidders: Invitation to Bid No. 19-20 La Plata High School Stormwater Management Retrofit Department: Department of Fiscal and Administrative Services Type of Notice: Public Notice Date Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 – 10:04am Read more
- Enactment Bill 2018-09: Revisions to Core Employment Residential Zone Department: Commissioners Office Type of Notice: Public Notice Date Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 – 4:53pm Read more
- Enactment of Bill 2016-08: Septic Tank Risers Department: Commissioners Office Type of Notice: Public Notice Date Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 – 10:23am Read more
- Enactment of Bill 2018-07: Plastic Straws and Stirrers in Restaurants Department: Commissioners Office Type of Notice: Public Notice Date Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 – 10:20am Read more
- Notice to Bid: Clifton Water System Improvements – Elevated Storage Tank Department: Department of Fiscal and Administrative Services Type of Notice: Public Notice Date Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 – 8:49am Read more
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II