PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – Nov. 2, 2018 – The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Tuesday, Nov. 6, for Election Day and Monday, Nov.12, for the Veterans Day holiday. In addition:
- The three county senior centers will be closed on Election Day and Veterans Day. Meals on Wheels will not be delivered.
- The Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers will be open with normal business hours both Election Day and Veterans Day.
- County public transportation will not operate on
Election Dayand Veterans Day.
- Calvert Library locations will be open with normal business hours on Election Day and Veterans Day.
- Kings Landing Park will be closed Election Day and Veterans Day.
- Flag Ponds Nature Park will be closed Election Day and open Veterans Day.
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be open Election Day and Veterans Day with normal hours of operation.
- Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open with normal business hours Election Day and Veterans Day.
- Mt. Hope, Southern, Harriet E. Brown, North Beach and Northeast community centers will be closed both days.
- The Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will be open with normal operating hours Election Day and Veterans Day.
- Calvert Marine Museum will be open on Election Day and Veterans Day.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II