All delays and closings are listed below.
- Charles County Public Schools: Two Hour delay
- St. Peter’s School(Waldorf) is on a two hour delay today October 12, 2018. School begins at 10:15. Daycare will open at 7:00.
St. Mary’s County:
- St. Mary’s County Public Schools– Two hour delay including FULL day Head Start with no AM Pre-K or AM Head Start.
- Mother Catherine Academy will have a delayed opening of two hours for Friday, October 12, 2018.
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland- For Friday, October 12, the College will open at its normal time. However, Due to the power outage last night on campus, it impacted a core switch that connects the North Campus buildings together. Thus, network services (both internet and wireless) is not available at this time. The Office of Information Technology personnel is working quickly and diligently to repair the issue. Some buildings remain without power including Glendening, Caroline, and Prince George.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II